Below is a catalog of the Minutes/Notes from the continuing series of threshing sessions on the ongoing conflict in Israel-Palestine. We are seeking our unique response, as Quakers and as a whole Meeting, to the conflict. The issue was forwarded to the Meeting by the Peace & Social Concerns Committee.
A threshing session is a formal meeting for worship for business where no decision is expected. It is a time to listen deeply to one another and to the Spirit for guidance on a specific and challenging issue.
The notes from these sessions and other background materials are linked below:
- Sunday, May 17, 2015, Threshing Session #7 Minutes/Notes
- Sunday, March 22, 2015, Threshing Session #6 Minutes/Notes
- Sunday, March 1, 2015, Threshing Session #5 <snowed out>
- Sunday, January 25, 2015, Threshing Session #4 Minutes/Notes
- Sunday, January 4, 2015, Threshing Session #3 Minutes/Notes
- DRAFT Status Report on the Threshing, resulting from the December 18th Threshing Session
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 Threshing Session #2 Minutes/Notes
- Sunday, December 7, 2014, Threshing Session #1 Minutes/Notes
- The George Mitchell Boston Globe article (a three-part series, Sept 7-9 2014) referred to at the December 7th Threshing Session
- Wording of two proposed minutes from the Middle East Peace & Social Concerns subgroup and other links: