But as I had forsaken the priests, so I left the separate preachers also, and those esteemed the most experienced people; for I saw there was none among them all that could speak to my condition. And when all my hopes in them and in all men were gone, so that I had nothing outwardly to help me, nor could tell what to do, then, oh, then, I heard a voice which said, “There is one, even Christ Jesus, that can speak to thy condition”; and when I heard it my heart did leap for joy.
Are you on a God Quest? Join us!
The Religious Society of Friends of the Truth arose as a radical Christian sect in 17th century Puritan England and evolved to minister to the spiritual needs of the 21st century by holding to these basic beliefs:
- Revelation is continuous, and we continue to seek a more perfect Truth.
- There is that of God in everyone.
- Our worship is a communal time of waiting in the presence of that which is larger than us that some call God or Spirit or the Divine.
- In our decision-making process we seek God’s guidance for us as a community rather than making decisions by voting.
- Our lives speak our faith in action.