NEWCOMER WELCOME DAYS at FRIENDS MEETING AT CAMBRIDGE
To participate in the Zoom event, click this link or call 1-646-558-8656 and provide the Meeting ID 836 4779 3717 and passcode 877919.
New (or new-ish) to Quakerism? You are welcome anytime, but you’re extra welcome to attend our monthly Newcomer Q&A Welcome sessions. Drop in via Zoom for 30 minutes from 9:45-10:15am, prior to our Meeting for Worship at 10:30am. Bring your questions, and hear from your two hosts—a longtime member and a newer member. Then, it’s time for your questions such as
- What is everyone doing during silence in Meeting for Worship? Who speaks, and why?
- Am I required to believe anything in particular?
- How do we try to put faith into practice around topics like prison witness, anti-racism, LGBTQ+ affirmation, peace and nonviolence, and more?
- Ask us any “dumb” questions, or “how not to embarrass myself” questions—we promise, your questions are not dumb!
- Ask us what we like best about our personal Quaker faith and practice.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 9:45-10:15am ET: The Newcomer Welcome Q&A will be a small group conversation.
- 10:30-11:30 ET: After the Newcomer Welcome session, we invite you to join us for Meeting for Worship. Ours is a large meeting, with about 100 attendees and some new faces every week. Newcomers and guests will be invited to introduce yourself at the end, but it’s your choice and no one will call on you if you choose not to. We are based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, but we have regular attendees from across the U.S. and several other countries—you’re welcome regardless of location!
- 11:45-12:15/30: If you’d like to stay after Meeting for Worship to connect with others in medium-sized groups (usually about 5-15 people), we invite you to stay for Afterthoughts (a chance to share what came up for you in Meeting for Worship) or Friendly Fellowship (informal conversation and chatting.)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
All of our activities currently take place online via Zoom. The Weekly Announcement Sheet on our website has the description, date, time, contact person, and Zoom link for FMC events.
ACCESSIBILITY & INCLUSION
- You may participate via Zoom or phone, with or without video.
- You will be invited to share your pronouns/the pronouns you wish to use in this space.
- If you have additional accessibility or inclusion needs, please email email@example.com.
Friends Meeting at Cambridge: Our Faith, Worship, Community, Outreach, Our World, Learning, Membership, News.
New England Yearly Meeting: Who We Are, What We Believe.
Friends General Conference: FAC’s About Quakers,