Online Forums for May
Welcome to Friends Meeting at Cambridge’s forum on Zoom, an opportunity to hear ideas, queries, and others’ experiences so as to deepen our connection with one another. This Year’s theme: What does Love look like in challenging times?
- Sunday,May 3: “What’s On Your Refrigerator?” Let’s share favorite poems together.
- Sunday, May 10: “What Does Love Look Like in Challening Times?” with John Calvi
- Sunday, May 17: “A still, small voice in the early dawn: My leading to serve as co-clerk of Friends Peace Teams” with Jonathan Vogel Borne
- Sunday, May 24: “Loving life on the margins: 40 years of nonviolent peacemaking and sustainable living” with Brayton and Suzanne Shanley, co-founders of Agape, a residential, lay Catholic community.
- Sunday, May 31: No Forum. Extended Worship starts at 9:30am
To participate online, click here. To participate by phone call 1-646-558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID: 783 475 1861.
Finally, here’s a brief description of how this will work.
After joining us, please mute yourself. (click on the microphone icon at the bottom left corner of your particular square) When our presenter has finished, after some worship, if moved to speak, please raise your hand. (The prompt to Raise Hand will be under the participant list.) In order to give everyone time to reflect upon what has just been said, I will allow a few moments between speakers before calling on someone. When called on, please click on the red microphone to un-mute yourself. Mute yourself again when you have finished. We will end at 10:20.