A Gateway to Quakerism in New England | 5 Longfellow Park | Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-876-6883 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every person is loved by the Divine Spirit. There are Quakers of all ages, religious backgrounds, races, education, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and classes. You are welcome to join us as you are.
—Friends General Conference Newcomer Card
Sunday, Oct. 26, 2014
- 9:30 am Forum: John Bach and Patti Muldoon — Reflections on the People’s Climate March
- 10:30 am Morning Meeting for Worship
- 11:45 am Afterthoughts a time for new and old comers to reflect on the meeting for worship and/or to ask questions about the Quaker Way
- 11:45 am Beyt Design: Rubble from Lebanon into Art. An informal presentation from Beyt Design, an award winning social enterprise which transforms architectural salvage from destroyed historic houses into unique home decor. The shop is located just around the corner from the Meetinghouse at 185 Mount Auburn Street.
- 1:00 pm Generic 12-Step Meeting for Friends. Join us for this one-time (possibly pilot) meeting.
- 2:00pm Care Packages for Friends at College: F/friends of all ages are welcome to bake and decorate Halloween cookies, write cards, and assemble care packages for our Friends who are away at college. It’s ok to bring (small) items to include in the packages.
Sundays 10:30 to 11:30 am
Sundays 5:00 to 6:00 pm
Wednesdays 8:30 to 10:00 am
Friends Meeting at Cambridge is fully handicap accessible.
Sunday, Oct. 26, 2014 cont.
- 5:00 pm Evening Meeting for Worship
- 6:15 pm Young Adult Friends monthly potluck.
- 7:00 pm Roots of Injustice, Seeds of Change. Paula Palmer of Boulder (CO) MM will present a program developed with Canadian First Nation leaders. Learn more about the power of the Blanket Exercise and the Doctrine of Discovery.
Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- 7:00 pm Cosmic Therapy with Jennifer Morgan: The New Story’s Therapeutic Value for Individuals and Communities. Brown-bag supper with Jennifer at 6pm.