A Gateway to Quakerism in New England | 5 Longfellow Park | Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-876-6883 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every person is loved by the Divine Spirit. There are Quakers of all ages, religious backgrounds, races, education, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and classes. You are welcome to join us as you are.
—Friends General Conference Newcomer Card
Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014
- Clerking Basics for Clerks, Committee Clerks, and the Rest of Us at FMC and sponsored by New England Yearly Meeting.
Sunday, Nov. 2, 2014
- Daylight Saving Time Ends. Set your clocks back one hour
- 9:00 am Intergenerational Breakfast (No forum). Come join the fun. Food provided. There will be a children’s craft table & pancakes.
- 10:30 am Morning Meeting for Worship
- 10:30 am Family Meeting for Worship. Leader: George Capaccio.
- 10:30 am Jr/Sr High Meeting for Worship
- 11:45 am All Meeting group photo will be taken at the rise of Meeting.
- 12:30 pm Evolving Quaker Spirituality, Part II: “Do you believe in Jesus? Unpacking the question.” Light refreshments provided.
- 12:15 pm AFSC Material Assistance Program Exhibit Reception, and reminder of Nov 7-8 “tag sale”
Sundays 10:30 to 11:30 am
Sundays 5:00 to 6:00 pm
Wednesdays 8:30 to 10:00 am
Friends Meeting at Cambridge is fully handicap accessible.
Sunday, Nov. 2, 2014 cont.
- 5:00 pm Evening Meeting for Worship
- 7:00 pm New Lights – Quaker Fundamentals: This 3-week class will meet from 7-9:20 pm on Sunday evenings Nov 2, 9, and 16. Eleven FMC Friends will share on various topics. Drop ins welcome. Snacks at 6:45 pm.
Monday, Nov. 3, 2014
- 6:00 pm Planning Meeting for a Quaker Voluntary Service house that will be set up in Boston in August, 2015, with FMC serving as the Host Meeting.